●●● Rules and format ●●●
The 12th International Carrom Tournament online 2021 will be played according to “Corona carrom play at home – Rules” in SOL4 system. The format of the games is as follows:
- Swiss-system: 7 rounds Swiss-league (Saturday 10:00 – 18:00 hrs.)
- Finals: 3 rounds knock-out + 3rd place match (Sunday 10:00 – 14:00 hrs.)
1) Swiss-system games:
- Every round is played on base of 3 boards
- Time limit 45 minutes per round
- All the matches will be played on the 1st day – 6th March 2021 (Saturday)
- The rules are according to “CORONA CARROM PLAY AT HOME – Rules” (see below).The basics: during the game (board) you must pocket all the black and white coins in any order and count your misses. The red queen can be pocketed anytime and you don’t have to cover the queen. That player who has fewer misses after the 3 boards is the winner. A draw is possible.
- Every player will receive an email from “SoL4-no-reply” with a link to match page (opponent info + score placing form).
- All your matches must be recorded live:
- on the appropriate Facebook group: XII International Carrom Tournament – online. (link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/12thinternationalcarromtournament)
- Please add a “Round nr” as a stream title or as a comment. The opponent name would be useful as well.
- PLEASE NOTE, that the full video must be recorded in the right FB group! In case of a match will not be screened there or the video will not be complete from any technical reasons, that player will lose the match automatically.
- Automatic loose will be applied also in case of the late or no score insertion.
- After your match is finished please put your scores immediately to the SOL4 system (via link received on email)
- Every player is supposed to check the opponent´s video after each match. There are 10minutes after official 45minutes limit to raise a protest. The tournament technical committee reserves the right to decide on any protest or disputes. To raise a protest please use firstname.lastname@example.org
- After 7 rounds, the top 8 ranked players will qualify for the finals.
2) Finals games:
- The finals will be played online on special Zoom Meeting (with live stream to facebook).
- The players will play 3 boards (the same like in swiss-league stage) but the breaks will be played in turns (there will be a coordinator from PSC to run the finals smoothly via Zoom).
- The matches will be decided as follow:
- Quarterfinals and Semifinals: single game. In case of a draw in a single game there will be an additional board to play.
- Final match and 3rd place match: best of 3 games. In case of a draw in a single game there will be an additional board to play.
- 1st Place – e-Diploma + 150 EUR voucher for carromshop.eu
- 2nd Place – e-Diploma + 100 EUR voucher for carromshop.eu
- 3rd Place – e-Diploma + 50 EUR voucher for carromshop.eu
3) Team/Club Competition:
The Team/Club competition is a side ranking of the singles tournament for players grouped in a club or team.
- To set up a team you have to register minimum 3 (max 4) players under the same team name.
- After each round top 3 results of your team mates will be calculated to team ranking
- bucholz points
- net score
- The team ranking will be presented in a fb group after each round.
- After 7 rounds of Swiss-system games the best teams/clubs will be ranked.
- 1st Place – e-Diploma
- 2nd Place – e-Diploma
- 3rd Place – e-Diploma
●●● Schedule ●●●
Saturday (6th of March 2021):
- 9:30 – Welcome meeting on-line (live stream on fb group from the organizers)
- 9:45 – Checking the list of participants and draw.
- 10:00 – Round 1
- 11:00 – Round 2
- 12:00 – Round 3
- 13:00 – Round 4Lunch break
- 15:00 – Round 5
- 16:00 – Round 6
- 17:00 – Round 7
- 18:00 – First day closing ceremony (zoom meeting), team/club competition prize-giving 🥇🥈🥉🏆
// please prepare drinks and snacks 😊
Sunday (7th of March 2021):
- 9:30 – Technical meeting (zoom meeting)
- 10:00 – Quarterfinal matches
- 11:00 – Semifinal matches
- 12:00 – Final match and 3rd place match
- 14:00 – Closing ceremony, and prize-giving 🥇🥈🥉🏆
●●● Corona carrom play at home – rules ●●●
Since basically the only defense we can apply is that of the social distancing and that all group play activities have been suspended indefinitely, the Carrom players have adapted, inventing a different competitive mode to the normal tournaments, based on a variant of the game known as “Danwei Grade” used mainly as a workout.
Stay at home and practice!
Rules of the game
Your match must be recorded live on the appropriate Facebook group:
- go to your appointed group
- click on LiveVideo in the top of the page
- click StartVideo when you are ready to play
- Arrange the coins on the carrom board. During the game you must pocket all the black and white coins without any order. The red queen can be pocketed anytime and you don’t have to cover the queen.
- Break and start to count the number of strokes that that you fail to pocket (miss).
- If in the break you succeed to pocket one or more coins then the strokes count is 0 (zero). If you failed to pocket in break then add the stroke count of 1 (one).
- In every following turn, if you pocket, then the count does not increase until you fail to pocket a coin. Add the count 1 (one) whenever you fail to pocket.Follow the official rule of Due and Double Due:
Due – take out 1 coin and place in the circle on the opposite side from you and add 1 to the count
Double Due – take out 2 coins and place them horizontally touching each other anywhere in the circle without adding the count
- First board finishes when you pocket all 18 coins and the queen. Note the count of misses you made to finish the first board.
- Repeat above test for 3 boards and note count of missed strokes in each board.
- Eventually, visit the SoL page at the URL you received by email, insert the counters in the form and confirm it.
●●● Recommendations ●●●
- Don’t worry about top quality video recording – just do your best – but please record full match.
- It is recommended to try all the set up and functionality before the real start of the tournament!
- Try to be sensible about 15 seconds time – you are on video!
- Same with fouls – try not to touch coins but if you do, place them back in position.
- Any average score above 25 will not be counted (but the score of single board could be above 25, insert the full score, please). The Opponent’s score will remain the same.
- It is recommended to use any visualization to show the actual score of the match in the video. Before your start, please have an idea, how to show the missed shots, e.g. with money coins, numbered cards, carrom coins or a tablet. It does not matter how, as long as the watchers can clearly see it (remember that the final video on FB will be in lower quality…)
- Also, when you finish 1 board, again, show the total number of missed somehow, so after 3 boards, everyone can clearly see the result of all 3 boards.
- Here are 2 examples how it could be done while playing:
- Example of counter to download to phone or tablet: https://scorecounter.com/click-counter/
- To post your results on FB and mention all important details (using the colored background as you were used to do during other on-line tournaments) is optional. The most important is to insert your score into the link you receive by e-mail every round.
- The total score list will be published on FB group after every round.
- After any match and result post, tag it with the appropriate post topic (like Round1/Round2…Round7) to enable a better filter of all the FB posts.
●●● FB group rules ●●●
Do not post unrelated videos or posts
While a tournament is ongoing, only participants going live for matches must share their live videos. No other videos or posts should be made by anyone.
Be kind and courteous
We are all in this together to create a welcoming environment. Let’s treat everyone with respect. Healthy debates are natural, but kindness is required.